Sunday, January 27, 2013
I know that I keep saying that I will finish up some of the couple dozen UFO's that I've started. But I am also really trying to use up scraps to keep them under control.
I sorted them into bins of yellow, white, black plus the leftover grey from the double wedding ring.
I had 6 strips, 16" each of the HST. I added the grey to one side of each. Then I started putting the random strips together, which then got cut into similar width strips.
By noon, I'd decided that the strip set with the triangles will become one edge of the quilt and the piano key strips the opposite.
I have one section of 5" wide strips left over from a donation quilt that I made that needs to be worked in.
And this afternoon as I was driving back from a Quilt Block Ladies gathering, I decided that some big stars in black and white might look cool.
This square was my test.
Not sure where I'm going from here, but will keep you posted.
Great start. Can't wait to see the final product.
January 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)